Milk Makeup Fly Bionic Liquid Blush ($20.00 for 0.27 oz.) is a bright, vivid coral-red with subtle, warm undertones and a matte finish. It didn’t seem to dry down that quickly when I initially swatched it, but when I actually applied and blended it out on my cheeks, it had much more of a matte dry down that ended up being pretty transfer-resistant.
The formula was more gel-like and very fluid–almost overly fluid–and worked better used more sparingly and built up just where more coverage was needed or else it was easy to over-blend and get blush all over one’s face than just on the cheeks! It dried down to a very matte finish after two minutes. It had sheer, buildable pigmentation as marketed that stayed on well for eight hours before fading a bit.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- NARS Angel Pride III (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Laura Mercier Grapefruit (P, $30.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Impudique (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Phytosurgence Swelter (P, $17.07) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- NARS Orgasm X (P, $30.00) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- NARS I Need a Man (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Wayne Goss Sunny (PiP, ) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- NARS Lovesick (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, warmer (80% similar).
- Surratt Beauty Ponceau (P, $32.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (80% similar).
- Dior 999 (P, $46.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (80% similar).
$20.00/0.27 oz. – $74.07 Per Ounce
The blush is supposed “sheer” and buildable while feeling “weightless” and have a “powdery finish.” It was a very fluid, liquid-based formula initially, but it quickly dried down to a fully flat, matte finish that was transfer-resistant–I was quite surprised at just how much it dried down given how fluid it felt initially.
The four shades released were sheerer and more buildable, as promised, and they were fairly easy to work with. The only issue I had was that the consistency was almost overly fluid and made it harder to apply in smaller areas/with precision while still getting visible color. I preferred putting a bit on the back of my hand, then using a stippling brush to pick up and swirl on my cheeks to help “cheat” the drying time by a bit.
They wore between eight and nine hours on me before fading visibly.
Browse all of our Milk Makeup Bionic Liquid Blush swatches.
Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Silica, Kaolin, Oleic/Linoleic/Linolenic Polyglycerides, C9-12 Alkane, Tribehenin, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Octyldodecanol, Glyceryl Rosinate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, sr-Hydrozoan Polypeptide-1, Ganoderma Lucidum (Mushroom) Stem Extract, Tremella Fuciformis Sporocarp Extract, Candelilla Cera/Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Cire de candelilla, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Aqua/Water/Eau, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you’re purchasing, or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.